In the old days, when people ran out of extra space in their homes, they would move or buy a bigger place. It’s different these days, with the availability of room additions as a cost-effective alternative to the expensive purchase of a bigger home and the time-consuming house remodeling. Greater Pacific Construction, a leading and licensed general contractor in Orange County, specializes in custom room additions that are built to fit your home and family’s needs.
We are a licensed general contractor for Room Additions in Mission Viejo and we provide the best suggestions for construction and remodeling purposes. We have years of experience in design, engineering, and construction. We handle the design and planning, and we take care of the various types of permits required for construction, such as structural, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical.
Benefits of Room Addition
Room addition is an excellent option especially for homeowners who have grown attached to their current homes and not keen on moving into bigger homes or taking up another loan. You can get an affordable custom design for room additions and increase your property value! However, we have to emphasize that a room addition project is a major undertaking and it’s important that you plan ahead to ensure that it’s the right decision from both the practical and financial standpoint before embarking on the project.
- Get More Space- Adding a room or an extension to your house will give you the space that suits your needs, such as having a home office, a workshop, a nursery for the new baby, or a guest room.
- Increase Home Value- Additional square footage is always enticing for home buyers. A carefully-planned room addition makes a home more attractive when the time comes to put your home back in the market.
- Source for Extra Income- An additional room in your home can be rented out, an additional revenue stream for you and your family. This works out well if you’re house is located near a university or business facilities.
Ideas for Room Addition
There are several options for a room addition. Here are a few ideas you can choose from:
- Master Suite Addition – Construction of master bedroom suite includes careful planning, especially with the plumbing for the additional fixtures shower, bathtub, sink, and toilet. Our room addition specialists will work closely with you to build a space that fits your style and meets the need for more privacy.
- Second Story Addition – As expert room addition contractors, we make sure that the footings and foundation structure are reinforced to support the second-floor addition.
- In-Law Suite Addition – In-law suite addition is fast becoming popular. We will work with you to ensure the additional structure flows with your home’s current architecture.
- Bathroom Addition – We specialize in simple and upscale bathroom constructions and we help source the tiles and fixtures that we know will boost the value of your home.
- Sunroom or Patio Addition – We have extensive experience in building California rooms, patios and sunrooms to give you the extra outdoor space you need. Our work is designed for comfort, performance, quality, and durability.
- Guest House Addition – You can build a guest house right on the side of the house to accommodate visiting families and friends. You may choose a master suite or master bedroom with a bathroom or without a bathroom.
- Bump Out Addition – Bump out addition is a small scale house expansion that adds 50 square feet or so. It is enough to make room for a kitchen island, turning an otherwise cramped dining area into a comfy place for eating and entertaining guests.
Cost of Room Addition in Mission Viejo
Before embarking on a room addition project, we recommend researching the cost of room addition in Mission Viejo. While the national averages provide us a general idea, it’s important to remember that such numbers don’t usually include other factors that impact final costs, such as hourly rates of local labor, material costs, and fees for local permits. 2020 estimates for cost of room extension or additions in Mission Viejo, Orange County show a range of $13,000.00 to $108,400.00. This estimate does not include fees for permits required for room additions, equipment or machinery rental, cleanup cost, inspection/building fees, construction materials and supply, sales taxes, general contractor fees. The size and type of room addition also impact the overall project cost.
Finding the Right Room Addition Contractor You Can Trust
The success of your room addition project highly depends on finding the right general contractor who’s right for the job. Find an experienced, licensed, and insured contractor who understands your needs and is capable of accomplishing the room addition you’re planning to have. Choosing a contractor is a major decision, but it doesn’t have to stress you out. Greater Pacific Construction, a highly-rated general contractor in Orange County, is an expert in building room addition projects and has developed a reputation for building and remodeling houses in Mission Viejo and surrounding communities. Visit the company’s portfolio of successful residential construction projects.
About Mission Viejo
Considered as one of the biggest master-planned cities in the country, Mission Viejo is truly a remarkable community that welcomes residents from different walks of life. It is a blossoming city that features a well-balanced structural and architectural theme; perfect for families who want to live a comfortable and quiet life. Mission Viejo homeowners are in the right hands, thanks to the solid contracting background of Greater Pacific Construction. They transform your room addition ideas into a completed project that is delivered within timeline and budget.
Mission Viejo has an image to uphold. Its over-all design theme, which is a combination of Spanish and early California, sets it apart from neighboring places. And having Greater Pacific Construction as the city’s number one general contractor will make sure that Mission Viejo keeps on getting the recognition it deserves from organizations like the National Arbor Day Foundation.
Contact Us for Room Addition Construction
Add both space and value to your home with the help of Greater Pacific Construction, Orange County’s top general contractor. We specialize in making your room addition dreams a reality. Call (714) 942-5355 or fill out a contact form to learn more about your room addition options.